Building and conceptualizing next generation applications that are suitable for use on all types of Android devices.
Key Responsibility Areas
Designing / Developing Applications
- Designing, building, and developing advanced, high quality applications for the android platform.
- Creating app updates including bug fixes, additional features, and improving application performance
- Unit-test coding for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design & ship new features and to ensure that each app is presentable and in perfect working order
- Working with a performance-oriented team driven by ownership and open to experiments to build scalable applications.
Maximizing Efficiency & User Experience
- Discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Monitoring app reviews to detect areas of improvement.
- Ensuring that the construction and presentation of the applications are congruent with the company’s standard.
Job Requirements / Desired skills set
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar.
- Prior experience as an Android Developer will be advantageous
- Proven working experience in Android App development
- Have published at least one original Android App
- Ability to use Android Studio, including Android SDK with ease
- Good Knowledge of SQLite, MVC Architecture, Performance optimization, memory management and Android advanced features like service, async task, broadcast, notifications, etc.
- Third party library – deep knowledge of Google maps, firebase, & retrofit
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle and experience in publishing multiple apps on PlayStore and manage the analytics of deployment and downloads.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies